Powered by Blogger.

Upcoming Travel Plans

Right now we are trying to plan our next international trip in the Spring of 2018. We have very limited time off now that Jonathan is in school and I am working full-time, which means we will only have about 7 days to travel this year. We are very blessed to have the means and availability to travel as often as we do, it is hard though to only take one trip a year when you have the travel bug! Living in NYC especially has been made the temptation even harder, as flights are so cheap to international locations and deals pop up all the time. Right now we are planning on traveling to Turkey and Greece in March, but we have 10+ Google Flights price watches running concurrently and will most likely take the trip that is most affordable when we buy plane tickets in the winter. The number one destination on our list right now is Southeast Asia, however, our current itinerary is 10+ days long and we want to wait till we can take the time off and enjoy the trip the most.

I am so excited to return to Turkey and to show Jonathan the country that is so close to my heart. I have such a profound love for the Turkish people and culture, and I get emotional every time I think about being back there. I have had a lot of people ask me about the safety of traveling in the Middle East right now, and my response is that if you are smart and do your research you will have nothing to worry about. The reality is that the region is unstable right now, and while you are almost never at risk as an American tourist in Turkey, you should always be aware of current events and stay updated on State Department security warnings. Right now things are stable and we are actually trying to take advantage of the fact that tourism is at an all time low and prices are cheap right now. We are hoping to fly into Athens and spend a few days relaxing on the coast, and then spend a few days in Istanbul and Cappadocia each. If you haven't heard or seen pictures of Cappadocia you need to do research now, it is one of my top 3 favorite places on this earth. It is magical, and I know that Jonathan is going to love it as much as I do. I've included a few pictures below so you can get an idea, Cappadocia is most well known for its iconic cave dwellings (which you can sleep in--one of the coolest experiences of my life!) and hot air balloon rides that take you over the entire valley of ancient ruins. Our trip is still a long ways out, but we are already getting excited and planning so that we can have something to look forward this fall/winter!





No comments